This award is presented to an LPN, either active or retired, who has made outstanding contributions to the profession at provincial, national and/or international levels throughout the duration of their career. This is the most prestigious honour granted by LPNABC, and is given only when such an honour has been earned.
The winner of this award must have had a substantial influence on at least three of the five following areas:
- Practice- through the advancement of improved patient care;
- Education- through progressive or innovative teaching;
- Association affairs at provincial, national and international levels;
- Health care, government, or the public, in relation to nursing; and
- The nursing profession in general.