LPNABC promotes professional excellence and life long learning with strength through a unified voice representing the LPNs of BC
- Learn from the past
- Focus on the present
- Prepare for the future
- Celebrate our Profession
- Advocate for the advancement and recognition of Licensed Practical Nurses in BC
- Improve the educational and professional status of Licensed Practical Nurses in BC
- 1951 The Practical Nurses Association in BC (PNABC) was formed to advocate for and represent Practical Nurses in professional practice issues.
- 1965 The Association was registered as the Licensed Practical Nurses Association (LPNABC).
Top Reasons to Join LPNABC
- LPNABC will lobby the Provincial Government to provide input on all policies, regulations and other matters that affect LPN professional practice on behalf of our members.
- LPNABC will advocate for enhanced delivery of the PN Program by working with the colleges, universities, Ministry of Advanced Education and PCTIA (Private College Technical Institutes Association)
- 3. LPNABC will advocate for the development of specialty programs in BC with training in BC educational institutes (eg: Perioperative, Geriatric Nursing, Maternity)
- LPNABC will advocate for our professional status by working and meeting with employers to allocate LPN’s to utilize their full scope of work.
- LPNABC will construct and link relationships with LPNs and other stake holders (i.e. Unions and Colleges)
- LPNABC has established an Education Fund by committing a portion of your membership fees to this fund. The distribution to members will be done by an application process and annual announcements at the LPNABC AGM.
Click here to download the LPNABC Brochure
How are we different from your regulatory college and your union?
LPNABC/CLPNBC/Union – Identifying our specific roles in supporting you.