This award is presented to nurses who demonstrate excellence in nursing practice.
Nominees must demonstrate excellence in the following categories: Nursing knowledge, Clinical decision-making, Professional accountability and responsibility.
Nominees must demonstrate excellence in at least four of the following areas:
- Demonstrates outstanding abilities in the delivery of holistic care
- Fosters a healthy culture of respect, integrity and collegiality within the health-care team
- Actively advocates for patients and families and for the care provided to them
- Demonstrates initiative in influencing positive changes in care delivery using evidence-based practice
- Demonstrates leadership in the development and implementation of programs for patients, families and/or community
- Incorporates and shares learning gained through professional development into their practice setting
Nominees must also meet all the following general criteria:
- Demonstrates excellence as a professional nurse consistently
- Demonstrates responsibility for own professional development on a consistent basis
- Participates in the activities of professional, health-related organizations outside of own agency (not required as part of employment)
- Demonstrates innovative and progressive ideas in nursing
- Acts as a role model and mentor
- Demonstrates excellence in interpersonal relationships and communication skills
Please note: While two of the three required support letters must come from active, practising LPNs, we welcome a student letter as part of the package.